December 17, 2015

Leisure Suit Larry - Some old memories



Everybody remembers Larry, right? Shame on you if you don’t know him! I think I was around 10 years old when I met Larry first time. At that time games often had “codes”, which you needed to find from the manual in order to prove that you have legitimate game. Larry had instead other kind of codes. You had to answer questions that older than 18 years old knows only. Quite funny thing. And that didn’t me prevent to play the game :) This new game had similar questions. Not sure have you answer right or not. At least questions are very simple.



Some time ago I saw ad at Steam of newer version of Larry. Full game title is “Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards: Reloaded”. I got idea to purchase the game. Wanted to play Larry once again. Though this game has been published in 2013. Don't expect this to be new game any more.

It was nice to see that game hasn’t changed too much from the memories I had of this game. Graphics was of course more modern. But still it reminded quite much original. No need to type commands any more. Instead of that you can point and click using different commands of the mouse cursor.

Playing this game reminded also of other thing. Old games had their own difficulties. For example in Larry you can run out of money. Sort of. Which is needed for cab trips. Though you always get few bucks from stranger. So game does not end there. But earning money is not that easy always. Actually I needed to cheat at this point. I had to use save/load sequence while playing Black Jack. Black Jack is most profitable way to earn money.

At this time I’m stuck in the game. And not going to cheat any more.

Game itself is developed by n-Fusion Interactive. US based company, founded in 1997. Quite old company already. Still other titles they have made are unknown for me. Probably because they have done lot’s of apps for mobile platform as well. Which is not that familiar area for me.

If you see this game in discount, why not to grab it. Maybe not at the full price, if you are not real fan of Larry. However they have done decent job with this, so hopefully sequel come some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment